Fifth Grade Distinguished Cub 2011-2013
Choose any (12) of the following:
1. Memorize The Preamble of the U.S. Constitution.
2. Memorize and identify the 50 states on a map.
3. Memorize the postal abbreviations of the 50 states.
4. Complete a 100 problem Multiplication facts test in 5 minutes with 90%
or above accuracy.
5. Complete 12 book reports, at your level.
6. Write and publish at least eight (8) new stories in Writer’s Workshop
(Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar and Paragraphs are necessary.)
7. Identify and match the names of each state’s capital.
8. Complete a 100 problem Division facts test in 5 minutes with 90% or
9. Read five (5) Award Winning books and complete a book report for each.
10. Choose a topic to research on the internet and write a 1,000 word
report on it.
11. Prepare and do a 3-5 minute presentation in front of the class about
a historical figure of your choice. Presentations can be oral reports,
power points, student made videos or plays, etc.
12. Participate in the school wide Reflections Contest.
13. Participate in the school Musical, Orchestra, Choir or be a member of
14. Maintain all “E’s” in Citizenship all school year.
15. Set and reach a personal goal. Write a one page report on your
16. Participate in the school 5th grade Science Fair.
17. Maintain 100% attendance all year.