Third Grade Distinguished Cub Requirements
Students must complete 12 of the following items to
earn the DistinguishedClub.
1. Publish 6 written compositions with two or more
paragraphs and an illustration.
2. Complete 55 hours of home reading.
3. Participate in a third grade sports competition: kick
ball, soccer, soft ball, jump-the-rope....
4. Create a report using information gathered at home or
in school from the internet. The information is then
written by student in his own words.
5. Invite a parent or friend to come to talk to the class
about another country, culture, or an occupation. This
should be scheduled before May 31st.
6. Submit a Reflection entry.
7. Complete the Cursive Booklet and pass the final
8. Pass off 100 multiplication and division facts with
90% on final evaluation.
9. Be able to identify and label all the letters on a
keyboard and pass off the home row.
10. Complete 5 book reports, one of which is a
presentation to the class and one that is a powerpoint.
11. Participate in one Reader’s Theater.
12. Improve scores one whole grade in one subject.
13. Participate in the Craft and Hobby Fair.
14. 5 or fewer tardies.
15. Walk/run one mile.
16. Compile a collection of 5 poems (3 of which are
17. Participate in the School Choir.
18. Memorize 3 poems (8 lines or more).
19. Participate in 3 service projects:
1. with your family--(for example...taking food to
someone in need..)
2. for you community--(food drive, shoes for
Christmas..singing at Care Centers for the elderly..)
3. for your school..(box tops, flip top lids from soft
drinks, fund raisers at school..)
4. Read one book from each of 6 genres--
(fairy tales, legions, myths, tall tales, comedy, fantasy,
adventure, mystery, realistic faction, sports, poetry,
nonfiction..)After reading the book, student will write a
short summary page and give it to the teacher.