FIRST GRADE DISTINGUISHED CUB
(12 of the 15 must be completed to receive the award)
- Complete 1,800 minutes of home reading.
- Minimum 80% homework assigned returned on time during the year.
- Master assigned first grade sight word list at 90%.
- Write and illustrate a story at home and share it with the class.
- Complete a book report at home and share it with the class.
- Achieve 100% on at least ten spelling tests.
- Master the addition facts to 20 with 85% accuracy.
- Master the subtraction facts to 20 with 85% accuracy.
- Know the home row key placement on the computer.
- Participate in Reflections.
- Pass off a first grade physical education skills test at school.
- Have ten or less tardies.
- Have ten or less absences.
- Have no color changes of cards beyond yellow for the year.
- Write numbers to 100 by ones, twos, fives, and tens.